New webinar: cybersecurity in the lift and escalator industry
Lifts and escalators are more and more connected to the internet. What are the risks of IoT in lifts, escalators and safety components? Which standards and laws do apply concerning cybersecurity? How do you work towards a cybersecure lift, escalator or safety component? And what are the best practices in lifts and escalators? During this three hour webinar – also available as an in-company training – the Liftinstituut trainer will provide you with a lot of knowledge and information.
The big pluses of the training ‘Cybersecurity in the lift and escalator industry’
- This is the first cybersecurity training focused on particular issues of the lift and escalator industry.
- Based on the practical experience of Liftinstituut in the field of cybersecurity and on our membership of standard bodies worldwide.
- Including several best practices in the lift and escalator industry.
For whom is the Cybersecurity webinar of Liftinstituut intended?
Liftinstituut has developed this webinar for all lift and escalator professionals who want information about the legislation, the best practices in the market and the current situation on cybersecurity applied to lifts, escalators and safety components.
What topics are covered by Cybersecurity webinar of Liftinstituut?
- Why cybersecurity?
- Cybersecurity EU Directive, Laws and Manufacturer Obligations
- Cybersecurity Standards and Basis for Certification
- IoT in Lifts
- Cybersecurity best practices in lifts and escalators
- Cybersecurity lifecycle
- Triple-A cybersecurity principle
- Defense in depth
All details of the Cybersecurity webinar at a glance
- Training form: webinar or in-company training
- Duration: half a day (3 hours)
- Date and location: by arrangement
- Required prior knowledge: no special requirements
- Maximum number of participants: 12
- Quotation: on request
About the trainer: Elena Mauro
Elena Mauro is certification specialist at Liftinstituut with cybersecurity and functional safety as area of expertise. After working for many years as a safety consultant in the process industry, she now uses her functional safety and cybersecurity expertise in certification projects of lifts, safety components and machines. Elena has an impressive CV. She studied Process Engineering at Eindhoven University of Technology, where she also completed her post-Masters in System Engineering to combine process and system engineering. She then worked for a supplier of safety systems for thirteen years. First as a programmer, later as a system engineer and finally as a certified safety consultant. Besides her advisory tasks, she is also a very experienced trainer.
Trainer Elena Mauro:
“Did you know that since January 12th 2022 the new Radio Equipment Directive (RED) of the EU affects
how you ensure the cybersecurity of your lifts, escalators and safety components?
I have created this webinar to make you REDy: ready for RED.”
TIP: combine this training with our training IEC61508 and Functional Safety
Our Cybersecurity training for the lift and escalator industry can also be booked in combination with our IEC61508 and Functional Safety training. Ask for the in-company combination package.
Do you want more information? Or do you want to request a quote?
Would you like more information or request a quote for this webinar? Call account manager Dennis Lindeboom at +31 6 520 84 107 or business manager Albert-Jan van Ommen at +31 6 512 43 395.