Expert Session 14: Developments from the Escalator Standards Committee
In this Expert Session, Liftinstituut Senior Inspector and member of the Escalator Standards Committee (Normcomissie Roltrappen) Roy Bahadoer and Product Specialist Azaad Santoe discuss the developments from the Escalator Standards Committee.
Theme of this episode: Developments from the Escalator Standards Committee
- Roy Bahadoer – Liftinstituut Senior Inspector and member of the Escalator Standards Committee (Normcomissie Roltrappen)
- Azaad Santoe – Product Specialist at Liftinstituut
- What are the latest developments from the Escalator Standards Committee?
- What will the change from a machinery directive, which states general safety requirements, to a machinery act, which outlines more specific safety requirements, bring to manufacturers & to standardization?
- What prompted these developments, and who are affected by these developments?
- How do the latest developments affect the industry?
- Are there developments in the line of Functional Safety?
- Are escalators safe?
WATCH EXPERT SESSION 14: Developments from the Escalator Standards Committee
14/10/21 Episode 1: Safety Inspections: the optimal interval
28/10/21 Episode 2: The Integral Safety Vision
11/11/21 Episode 3: Brexit - consequences for the industry
25/11/21 Episode 4: IoT (Internet of Things) in the elevator industry
09/12/21 Episode 5: Elevators and cybersecurity
15/01/22 Episode 6: Use of elevators in fire rescue
15/02/22 Episode 7: Trapped passengers in elevators
15/03/22 Episode 8: Revision of the Machine Directive
15/04/22 Episode 9: Buildings of the future
15/05/22 Episode 10: Starting a lift inspection company
17/11/22 Episode 11: Codes and Standards in the Lift Industry
23/02/23 Episode 12: Certification - What are the most important things?
14/03/23 Episode 13: Certification - Testing new safety components
- Do you have a question about the subject of the video? Or do you want more information on product certification? Please contact us.