Expert Session 8: Revision of the Machine Directive
In the Liftinstituut Expert Sessions, a series of short video discussions, experts from all over the world share their knowledge, experience and views on different vertical-transportation subjects. Viewers involved with elevator and escalator safety, including inspectors, engineers and repair/maintenance technicians, will find discussions of topical interest in each new video.
Theme of the eight episode: Revision of the Machine Directive
- Carl van den Einden, productmanager Machinery at Liftinstituut
- What is the reason for the revision of the current Machine Directive?
- In what stage is this revision?
- And is there a transition period applicable so the market can adapt to this new regulation?
WATCH EXPERT SESSION 8: Revision of the Machine Directive
14/10/21 Episode 1: Safety Inspections: the optimal interval
28/10/21 Episode 2: The Integral Safety Vision
11/11/21 Episode 3: Brexit - consequences for the industry
25/11/21 Episode 4: IoT (Internet of Things) in the elevator industry
09/12/21 Episode 5: Elevators and cybersecurity
15/01/22 Episode 6: Use of elevators in fire rescue
15/02/22 Episode 7: Trapped passengers in elevators
- Do you have a question about the subject of the video? Or do you want more information on product certification? Please contact us.